About This Manual
The HTML version of the SWIG Users Manual is a direct translation
of the printed version which is produced using Framemaker 5. The
conversion process was roughly as follows :
While the conversion process is mostly complete, there are a few things
to keep in mind :
- Raw HTML was produced using Framemaker 5 and Quadralay WebWorks Lite.
- Tables and figures were converted into GIF images.
- All of this output was fed into a magic Python script that cleaned
up the HTML source and merged the GIF figures into the text.
- A table of contents and alphabetized topic index were produced from
HTML heading tags by the same script.
Please report any problems with the documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Some sections of preformatted text may have weird formatting
- Framemaker tables were converted into GIF images instead
of HTML tables--this is a little weird, but the easiest
approach for now.
- There may be a few minor formatting problems throughout
due to minor "glitches" that slipped through the conversion process
(although I've tried to correct as many as these as possible).
- The printed version of the SWIG manual is more than
300 pages long--resulting in about 670 Kbytes of HTML. The HTML version
is broken up into chapters. Each chapter is fairly well-contained, but
some may contain as many as 50 pages of printed text.
Last Modified : August 3, 1997